Born and brought up in Mumbai, fitness has been an intricate part of my life since the start. Having always been at the top of the athletic food chain through school, the field of fitness sought my interest as a career option. They say it's always a good idea to mix your interest with your work, so then work doesn't seem like work and becomes fun. Exactly what I tried to do.
I spent the next few years after school learning as much as I could about the world or rather the system of fitness. System is the best word to describe it because it is based on a few factors and not on just the standard "going to the gym". Being fit is a lifestyle choice which includes what you eat, how you work out and how well you take care of yourself. During the years that lead to my learning as much as I know today, like any responsible person I put together a list of educational qualifications -
- Graduated from SNDT Women's University
- Certified Personal Trainer from California, USA
- Reebok certified Step Aerobic & Floor Aerobic instructor, Mumbai, India
- Certified Yoga Instructor, Mumbai, India
- 'Health Coach' for Junior Olympic Athletes, California, USA
- Worked as a Nutritionist for True Fitness, Mumbai, India
- "Center Head-Nutritionist" with V3-The Fitness Commune, Mumbai, India
- 'Personal Trainer' with L.A Fitness, New Jersey-USA
In conclusion, its difficult to stay fit in the hustle and bustle of our urban life where a deadline is more important than breakfast, but with small changes and considerations you could be ensuring that you have a healthy wealthy life.